Follow along with Chef Brandon Allen as he makes a super healthy avocado oil mayonnaise infused with cannabis that is perfect for tuna salad, sandwiches and more. It’s just as delicious not infused, so definitely try out this recipe because making an avocado oil mayo is a lot cheaper and healthier than buying it at the grocery store and everyone’s sure to love the taste!
– 2 oz. infused cannabis oil (check out our recipe and make at home tips here)
– 8-10 oz. avocado oil
– 1 egg yolk
– 1 tsp dijon
– 1 tbsp lemon juice
– 2-3 dashes of hot sauce or white pepper to taste
– Salt to taste
– Lemon zest to taste (1/2 to 1 lemon total)
1. Combine egg yolk, dijon, hot sauce, lemon juice, and zest
2. Slowly pour in infused oil while whisking continuously
3. Slowly pour in avocado oil while whisking continuously
4. Season to taste with salt and pepper
Whether you infuse your mayo with cannabis oil or not, make sure you only end up with 10-12 oz. of combined oil for this entire recipe. Generally speaking, 1 egg yolk to 10 oz. of oil is the idea ratio, but that can change depending on the size of your egg yolk, which is why it’s great to always have a little extra oil on standby.
For tips on dosing, check out these great articles.