At Weedguide, we’ve been thinking a lot about music, and not just because Spotify’s having the best week ever. Spring is here, which means warmer weather, a looming festival season, and more opportunities to soak in a little sun with your tunes.
I’m a huge music lover and one of my favorite activities is to stream new stuff as I settle into a freshly rolled doobie or low-dose treat. Cannabis and music are soulmates, plain and simple – just ask anyone who’s heard an amazing song, gone to a concert, written lyrics, produced music, or jammed while high.
We know that cannabinoids interact with CB1 receptors in the brain and as a result, can enhance pretty much any activity, but there are multiple theories about why weed makes music actually sound better. One idea is that cannabis disrupts short-term memory, causing someone listening to music to be hyper focused on even the subtlest nuances. Another is that both music and cannabis create feelings of euphoria, so put them together…and it’s like whoa.
Because I have the best job in the world, I built what I think is the perfect playlist for a Springtime sesh with friends in the backyard, or just for you and your couch. I know when I hit that joint, do a dab or let that edible kick in, my ear craves some lyrical magic (maybe about getting high), crazy chord changes, mesmerizing vocals, sweeping interludes and heavy beats, so that’s where I headed with the 20 songs you’re about the listen to.
So pick a chill strain (I went with Candyland and she did not disappoint), relax, and turn up the volume.
Weedguide’s Ultimate Spring Sesh Playlist
Press play below & watch the whole playlist on YouTube!
Here’s what we’re jammin’ to…. pick and choose to make your own fav sesh playlist:
- “La Raza”, Kid Frost
- “Dub Beast”, The Expanders
- “West Coast”, Lana Del Rey
- “New Person, Same Old Mistakes”, Tame Impala
- “Pedestal”, Portishead
- “Boredom”, Tyler, the Creator
- “Stir Fry”, The Migos
- “Right Down the Line”, Gerry Rafferty
- “Just What I Am”, Kid Cudi
- “Unfinished Sympathy”, Massive Attack
- “In My Bed”, Amy Winehouse
- “Hazey”, Glass Animals
- “Fantasy”, Earth, Wind & Fire
- “Feel It All Around”, Washed Out
- “You Don’t Have To Worry”, Guts
- “Voodoo Child”, Jimi Hendrix
- “Electric Relaxation”, A Tribe Called Quest
- “Heart of Glass”, Blondie
- “I Feel Love”, Donna Summer
- “Got It Bad”, LEISURE