The Top 10 Reasons to Vote Yes on Marijuana Legalization • High Times
Are you one of the almost 57 million Americans living in a state that’s voting on marijuana legalization this Tuesday, Nov. 8, 2016? Your vote YES may help end the criminality of marijuana for over one out of six Americans, bringing the total to almost one out of four Americans who will live in a legal state.
Here are the ten best reasons to help convince your friends and family to do the right thing and vote YES on legalization:
1) Legalized Marijuana is Safer than Alcohol and Tobacco
How did we end up in a society where the two most damaging drugs—alcohol and tobacco—are the two legal ones? There are over a half-million deaths annually from those two substances. They also lead to countless illnesses and injuries that affect society in health-care costs, lost productivity, and law-enforcement expenses.
Marijuana is non-toxic and has never caused a fatal overdose in over 7,000 years of recorded human use. Its greatest harm is the arrest, incarceration, and lifelong hurdles created by prohibition. Opponents worry about “putting a third legal drug on the menu,” as if marijuana isn’t already the third-most popular drug used in America. It’s already on the menu; you just have to commit a crime to order it.
- High Times Announces Launch of High Times TVhightimes.comAugust 9, 2018
- Top 10 Reasons The 2013 Denver High Times Cannabis Cup Will Be "Smoking" | Marijuanawww.marijuana.comApril 15, 2013
- High Times Business ConferenceJanuary 19, 2017
- High Times Magazine: The Complete History and Biowww.marijuanabreak.comJuly 21, 2018